Updated 10/28/2021 This post contains affiliate links if you shop by Bookshop Page below.
Want A Clean & Organized Home?
Four and a half years ago, I became unable to work. For the longest time I felt aimless. My home became more and more cluttered and dirty, and I felt incapable of doing anything about it. I had tried various cleaning strategies in the past with no long lasting effects. I’m more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants person than an everything-in-its-place-girl. Enter the FlyLady. The FlyLady helps me keep a clean and organized home.
FLY stands for finally loving yourself. Here was a person who understood me. A person who was always encouraging, and supportive of small efforts in taming the clutter and dirt that surrounded me. She sees life as a whole, and not just the parts of cleaning and keeping a house/apartment. She believes we can get any project done in 15 minute increments.
Fly Lady Structure For A Clean & Organized Home
Here is how her site is structured:
- Every month has a Habit to work on. This month’s habit is Menu Planning.
- Every week has an area to focus on in your home-called a zone. This week’s zone is the bathroom and one extra room.
- These focus/zone areas recycle every 5 weeks, so if you couldn’t get to something it will come back around. No worries.
- Everyday has a focus mission, for example Wednesday’s are Anti-Procrastination Day where we’re encouraged to do some task that we’ve been putting off.
- There are weekly pamper missions. This week’s mission is to moisturize your skin.
- For holiday preparations she has daily videos that help us do small tasks each day so that the holidays are less stressful.
My favorite part is that she says we are NEVER BEHIND. She encourages us to just start where we are.
I followed her emails for probably two years, and my home is neater than it’s ever been. That’s saying something as I’ve struggled with keeping a home for all my adult years. Once the routines got in my head, I didn’t need the daily emails to keep it going. Occasionally, I go back to her site for a refresher. This time I went back for her Cruising Through The Holidays missions.
Holiday Home Help
If you dread the holidays, because everything feels too hard due to lack of energy and poor health, I encourage you to check out her holiday missions and get everyone in the house involved. She even has cleaning missions for kids, and encourages us to keep it fun with the kids so they want to help. I wish she had been around when my kids were little! I’m hoping you have a healthy, happy holiday season. As the Fly Lady says, you can starting FLYing today. For more information on her Holiday Control Journal click here:
Till next time, Kathy
P.S. In my last post, I showed pictures of my messy dining room table. I’m not perfect and I’m not aiming for perfect. I’m a messy person by nature. The purpose of this post is to show that the FLY Lady system has helped me a LOT, but it can’t fix my messiness. LOL! Use what works for you and adapt to fit your needs!
If you’d like notice of new posts plus access to subscriber-only freebies, please enter your email address below. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Till next time, Kathy